Let's face it, household cleaning is often seen as a tedious and dreaded task. We've all wished for a professional maid to take care of it for us. But if you're like most of us, you're the one who has to step up and tackle the cleaning duties. However, the good news is that with the right cleaners and cleaning tools, household cleaning can become easier, more efficient, and even dare I say, enjoyable!
Have you ever walked into a friend's house and been amazed at how immaculate it looked, without the help of a professional cleaning service? Well, there's a secret behind it—they have all the must-have cleaning supplies that make a world of difference.
In this blog post, we'll reveal the essential cleaning supplies that will transform your cleaning routine and leave your home spotless. From versatile cleaners to handy tools, we've got you covered. So, say goodbye to the cleaning blues and say hello to a sparkling clean home with the help of our trusted house cleaning services. Let's dive in and discover the must-haves that will revolutionize your cleaning game!
Effective Cleaners for Every Surface in Your Home
If you’ve been using one particular cleaner for all your household cleaning, chances are you’re not getting the results you desire. If you want to get surfaces in your home spotless and gleaming, you need to have the following cleaners in your supplies cabinet:
1. All purpose cleaner – yes, as the name suggests, you can use this on various surfaces to clean efficiently, but we advise you to stick to just using it for doorknobs/handles, countertops, and your gas stove.
2. Glass cleaner – for windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors, nothing will get them cleaner and shinier than glass cleaner. If you’d like, you can make your cleaning solution by adding two tablespoons of white vinegar to 2 cups of water and pouring it into a spray can for more convenience.
3. Bleach-based bathroom cleaner – While a no-ammonia cleaner works just fine for daily bathroom cleaning, the use of bleach does fantastically well to get soiled bathrooms gleaming again. You can use bleach cleaners to your entire bathroom including the sink, bathtub, tiles and toilet bowl.
4. Wood polish – not only is this a necessity for buffing your wooden furniture, but it’s also an excellent way to keep dust away for a longer time. Use wood polish for dust prone areas like vents and ceiling fans.
5. Liquid dish soap – obviously you need this to clean your dishes, but you can also use a solution of 2-3 drops of liquid soap mixed with a cup of water to spot clean upholstery and carpets.
Cleaning Tools That Make Cleaning Easy and Efficient
Equally important are your cleaning aids. If you aren’t using the right ones, you aren’t cleaning right! Here’s what you need:
1. Microfiber dust cloths – these are your best bet if you want to pick up dirt quickly and efficiently. Be sure to rinse and dry them out after every use for equal efficiency next time around.
2. Broom + dustpan – these go hand in hand and are very useful even if you have a vacuum cleaner. There are certain areas in your home that are much easier to clean with a broom as opposed to a vacuum. For example: underneath floor cabinets or a shelf stand close to the floor.
3. Mop – not just any mop but a good quality mop with either microfiber strips or thick, durable intertwined material. Mopping with something of lesser quality is not only time-consuming but barely efficient as well!
4. Cleaning brushes – from toilet brushes and tile grout brushes to bottle brushes and old toothbrushes; cleaning is a whole lot easier with a brush in your hand! The bristles (whether soft or hard) do well to scrub away stains or remove dirt from hard-to-reach places.
5. Rubber gloves – we often skip some cleaning jobs or just do them half-heartedly because we don’t want to get our hands icky and dirty. Well, rubber gloves are just the things you need! What’s more, they protect your skin when cleaning with chemicals or abrasive scrubbers.
You may have preferences when it comes to the sort of cleaning chemicals and materials you'd like to use to keep your home cleaning, but make sure you have these basics on hand whenever you tidy up your home. For all these cleaning must-haves, we have Moplovers to thank for.