Fourth of July means outdoor barbecues with fireworks lighting up the sky, celebrating the signing of our country’s Declaration of Independence. And like every year, you want to whip up fantastic meals and drinks for family and friends.
While you’re waiting for the grilling to start, this 4th of July menu ideas for a crowd and party starters will kick-start this celebration with a bang!
Here is the list of an easy fourth of July dessert recipe that you and your family should try this 4th of July!
Party with one of the best flavors of the summer: rhubarb! Kids and adults alike will love these, especially with a big scoop of ice cream on top. Rhubarb and juicy berries combined are the perfect summery sweet.
- Butter, for the ramekins
- One lb. strawberries, hulled and halved (quartered if large)
- Six tbsp. chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 lb. rhubarb, trimmed then cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 3 tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 c. unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Prepare the oven at 350 degrees F. Next, line a baking sheet with parchment and lightly butter eight-ounce then place it on the baking sheet. In a bowl, toss together rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, and strawberries. In your second bowl, rub butter and flour together to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add remaining three salt, tablespoons sugar and almonds and squeeze the mix together with fingertips to form small bunches. Arrange the fruit mixture among the prepared ramekins and sprinkle with crumble mixture (they will appear overfilled). Bake until the tops are golden browns, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Old Bay Shrimp
Old Bay seasoned shrimps never go out of style! Throw them onto salads or eat them straight, they taste like pure summer.
- 1 1/2 lb. shell-on deveined shrimp (16- to 20-ct.)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Three tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup Chopped parsley
- Put the grill on high heat, toss the shrimp with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning.
- Stick shrimps on skewers and grill until opaque, turning over once, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and 1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
July 4th S’mores Dip
Inspired by The Decorated Cookie, this dip is the most delicious way to be patriotic!
- Graham crackers (for serving)
- Four sheets of Hershey’s chocolate
- 19 marshmallows
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of red, blue, and white sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a square glass pan, place a layer of Hershey’s to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Dip five marshmallows in water and roll them in blue sanding sugar. Place on parchment paper to dry.
- Repeat this process to make six red marshmallows and eight white marshmallows.
- With the use of kitchen shears, cut each marshmallow in half.
- Then place marshmallows cut side down on the chocolate to form a flag. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and serve with graham crackers.
Caprese Garlic Bread
Caprese Garlic Bread is tasty because of its melty mozzarella and fresh tomatoes that gives a MAJOR upgrade this 4th of July.
- One loaf ciabatta bread, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened (room temperature)
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Two large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Two tbsp. finely sliced basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F then set bread halves on a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl, grind together garlic and butter then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread butter mixture onto both baguette halves. Bake until the bread is toasted, or about 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle mozzarella and tomato slices on the toasted bread and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5-10 minutes more.
- In a saucepan, mix balsamic vinegar and honey. Boil until reduced by half, occasionally stirring, for 8-10 minutes and let it cool.
- Sprinkle olive oil and balsamic glaze on the garlic bread then garnish with basil and cut into slices. Serve while still warm.
While enjoying your outdoor barbecue party, hire a professional to help you with the aftermath and lift the cleaning worries off your shoulder!