Are you planning to host your family or friends this Thanksgiving? If your answer’s yes, then you’ve come to the right place to learn the first steps of cleaning before and after Thanksgiving. So, without further ado, let’s start preparing your home for the holidays now.
- You want to serve good and safe food
Food is, most of the time is our top priority when hosting, especially during the holidays. Therefore, it’s essential to ensure food safety. First, always wash your hands with soap and warm water before handling raw and cooked food. Before preparing, make sure to clean every surface of your kitchen, especially the tables, countertops, and utensils. Also, don’t forget to wash your utensils, knives and cutting boards before using them to prepare another recipe.
- You want your guests to be comfortable, even in your bathroom
If you’re planning to host family and friends, then make sure to have a clean bathroom, too. Here are some steps you can take:
- Clean your bathroom from top to bottom. This allows you to clean every inch of your bathroom, so it looks spic and span, and even make a mental note of what you need to stock up on.
- Speaking of stocking up, make sure to include in your Thanksgiving grocery list the essentials, such as hand soap, toothpaste, extra toothbrushes, cotton balls, and toilet paper and kleenex.
- Don’t forget to add essential medicine and supplies like band-aids, just in case you or your guests need one.
- Vacuum and clean dust
A few hours before your guests arrive, vacuum and dust off your home. If your festivities start early, you may want to do that the night before they come. Make sure to include the living room, dining room, and any guest rooms that will be used. Don’t forget to sweep your porch or foyer, too, as these are the first places that your guests would see.
- Carpet stains and dust
Though vacuuming your carpet before Thanksgiving is easy, cleaning it after can be a little bit stressful. This is the case if the kids or adults have accidentally dropped food or spilled a drink on your floor or carpet. If there are any tough stains, you’ll need your carpet cleaned by a professional. You can even choose a carpet steam cleaning service if you prefer it.
- Back to the clean kitchen after the holidays
Your kitchen is one of the most swamped and overused places during the holidays. Some homeowners often find it difficult to clean their kitchen on their own, especially if they’ve also done the cleaning before the holidays. You can also let the cleaning experts clean your kitchen for you. They can even do things like wiping, dusting, or cleaning your microwave.
- Clean and comfortable dining and living areas for you and your family
These are also the rooms in your home where your guests have settled in. As such, these areas also need particular attention. Make sure to clean your upholstered furniture and dust off your tables, too. You can even ask the cleaning experts to help you clean your windows.
If you think you can’t handle cleaning your home all by yourself, then it’s time to find a good cleaning service. Make sure to work with the experts, just tell them what you want to be done. Then you can relax, and use your free time to spend more time with friends and family before and after Thanksgiving.